Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Creative Time Throwback Thursday Challenge

YEA!!  It's Throwback Thursday at My Creative Time!!!  This time the challenge is to use an "older" Cricut cartridge with a card feature, but the project must be Halloween themed!!!  You can check out the challenge here!
For my card I used Stretch Your Imagination.  I used the card frame feature on page 43.  I used my Gypsy to hide the window before making the cut.  I had lots of thought running through my head for this card.  I first wanted to use the cut with the window and put a black cat in the window, but ultimately did not like how it looked.  While flipping through my paper stash I came across Halloween paper that had an image of a witch on her broomstick in front of the moon.  The card came together from there!


The fun part of this card (IMHO) is the cat!  He is from CTMH SOM.  After cutting him out I colored him with a black embossing marker and added black embossing powder.  His tail was a bit long so I had to cut it to make it fit.  That is not the best part though - the cat is adhered to the card using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots.  If you've never used these before run to the Helmar site Found here figure out which retailer to use, and buy them!  I saw them on a video and thought they looked cool.  Then I got my hands on them and WOW!!!  The beauty of these is that because they are liquid you can build them, or shape them to give anything dimension.  I used a toothpick to spread the adhesive on the cat's tail so that it too has dimension off the page (and not just the body of the cat).  Could you imagine trying to trim foam tape to fit under the tail?  NIGHTMARE!!!

Other points of interest on the card - the fence is inked with Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge and Frayed Burlap distress inks. The orange paper and white cardstock are from my stash.  The straw colored patterned paper is from the same stack that I cut the witch from.  I've had it forever, so I can't tell you the manufacturer (the cover is missing).
Hope you like it!!


.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
          
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
      ((¸¸.·´  ..·´   -:¦:-
     -:¦:-   ((¸¸.·
 (¨`v´¨)
                        `v´
  Darlene
 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job on your card...I can't imagine how you did that tail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those liquid scrap dots sound awesome!!!! I must look for them. I love this scene that you created. So sweet! Thanks for joining us for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww such a great Halloween card!! I love the cat also!! Thank you for the sweet comment in my pie box! I wanted to answer your question you asked why I printed on the I and cut with the E...I really don't know hee her I guess on done things I find easier (for size) to use the E! I haven't took the time to really figure out all the features with the I am always in a rush and I also love both machines so I try to give both as much lovin as possible hahaha Thanks for playing along with Emmas throwback Thursday! Hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow sorry about all the typos I am on my cell phone and didn't catch them!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. Thank-you for taking the time to write and let us know what you think.