Sunday, October 30, 2011

Inspiration

Where do you find yours?

I love to hop through different blogs.  I love to walk around when I'm at a crop and see what other scrappers are creating.  I love to look at Etsy and Ebay to see the different designs.  Sometimes inspiration comes from another place.  For instance . . . one day I was flipping through a copy of Arizona Highways.  For those of you not familiar with the magazine, it is a publication put out by the State of Arizona which helps fund their state parks.  It is chock full of beautiful images of various places in and around the state.  Anyway, I was flipping through the magazine, when I came across this quote:

The butterfly counts not months, but moments
and has time enough.  - Tagore
It inspired me to create this card.

I sometimes use pre-made card bases from Michaels and enhance from there.  This is a 5x7 card base, inked with Weathered Wood Distress ink.  The purple background was made using the Faux Torn Mosaic technique from Splitcoast Stampers.  Found Here  I actually created this quite a while ago and then never used it the way I had intended.  I used Spellbinders Labels 8 to trim it to the size and shape you see.  The quote was printed using my Xyron Design Runner.  I then cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 10.  The butterfly is from Gypsy Wanderings.  The DP was from the bargain bin at Michaels.  I used Star Dust stickles in the cutouts on the butterfly.  The base layer was cut on plain white cardstock.  I don't remember the sizes of any of the cuts. I made this card long before I started this blog, and before I realized such details are important!  That's also the reason for the not so great photo.

If you are so inclined, leave me a comment and let me know what inspires you!


.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
          
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
      ((¸¸.·´  ..·´   -:¦:-
     -:¦:-   ((¸¸.·
 (¨`v´¨)
                        `v´
  Darlene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Thank-you for taking the time to write and let us know what you think.