Thursday, November 17, 2011

Another Source of Inspiration

EGADS!!!  Almost three weeks since the last post!  I promise to be better!!  Life has been hectic, leaving little time for crafting.  When I do have time to create, I don't always have the time to set up everything to take a decent picture and upload it.

More than a month ago, hopping around the Spellbinders blog, I came across this video YouTube.  When I watched the video I thought it was a really great way to spruce up a gatefold card (which is my absolute favorite fold), but didn't really have the chance to try it myself.  Over the weekend I gave it a whirl, with this as the result:



I started with Recollections basic cardstock in red cut at 5 1/2 by 12.  I eyeballed the patterned paper to make it fit.  I adhered it with my Xyron Mega Runner.  Rather than use the Twisted Metal Tags and Accents die that Julie uses in the video, I chose the large ornament die, from the Holly-Ornament Set from Heartfelt Creations Found Here.  The sentiment is the matching stamp from Heartfelt Creations Winter Wonderland Collection found here.  I stamped it in white pigment ink from Hampton Arts, and embossed with white embossing powder.  I tried as hard as I could to get the ink onto the die to create the lovely frame, but alas, I couldn't get a good image - so I just used ordinary white cardstock.  Rather than use a glue pen, I ran it through my Xyron 250.

Here is a view of the card when it is opened:
I chose not to use the die cut ornament for the inside of the card because I wanted the white embossing.  I was originally very unhappy with the stray flecks of embossing powder, but now I think they look like snow!

I will be submitting this card to Xyron for their holiday card contest.  Until next time!!


.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
          
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
      ((¸¸.·´  ..·´   -:¦:-
     -:¦:-   ((¸¸.·
 (¨`v´¨)
                        `v´
  Darlene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Thank-you for taking the time to write and let us know what you think.