Thursday, November 7, 2013

Core'dinations Hard Core Crop 2013 -

In my excitement to participate, I totally forgot about the blinkie!!!!!  Silly me!  I have of course now added it.

But speaking of being silly - part of creativity is giving things a try to see if they will work.  As the saying goes - there are no mistakes in crafting, only opportunities to embellish!

Let me say, I originally had no intention of participating in Margie Higuchi's Banner Challenge.   Found Here.   It just doesn't fit in with my normal holiday decor.  I then considered a banner for the front door, but I'm sure there is some rule against it in the complex I live in.  Then I decided to think about ways a banner could be used other than home decor - like on a scrapbook layout, or a card or something.  And viola!

Now, she never said how big the banner had to be.  She only said "shaped, holiday banner."  So, starting from the bottom -the card base is made from kraft cardstock from my stash.  On top of that is Core'dinations Black Magic collection, run through my Cuttlebug with M-bossibilities from Spellbinders.  Of course, sanded to reveal the core.  The grass is also from my stash, using random green cardstock that is inked.  I'm sure you're wondering why (or how) I have grass in my stash.  Back before I had my own Cuttlebug, and my own Cricut, and my own Cameo -whenever I went to a crop I would die cut stuff I thought I would use in the future.  This is the last piece of grass I had.  I cut it in half, inked the edges and mounted with foam tape.  The kids on the top of the brick wall are from Stampin' Up Kids at Play stamp set.  They were stamped, colored with pencils, fussy cut, and mounted with foam tape.

For the banner, I used the two smallest dies I own.  The green piece, cut from Napa Valley Core'dinations is the smallest die from Spellbinders Labels 4, the white snowflake is also from Spellbinders.  I stamped the letter for the word "Noel" using Studio G mini alphabet stamps, using Festive Berries and Fired Brick distress ink.


.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.· (¨`v´¨)
                `v´ Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Thank-you for taking the time to write and let us know what you think.