Thursday, November 7, 2013

Core'dinations Hard Core Crop - 2013

It's been a long time since I spent significant time crafting.  The last handful of cards I made were occasion specific and done at the moment they were needed.  Unfortunately, the only reason I've had this much time is because I've been home sick (and instead of sleeping, I've been doing this).
 
Vivian Keh's challenge is to create a gratitude themed card or layout using an autumn palette.  Found here.   This is the card I created for her challenge.


I started using my three of my favorite stamp sets - Changing Seasons from Stampin' Up, 4 Seasons Definitions from Purple Onion, and the frame stamp from Just For Fun.  I selected the autumn scene and the autumn definition and stamped the images into the frame using the mask that goes with the frame stamp.  I hand colored the image using a paintbrush and distress inks.  I used Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Ripe Persimmon, Rusty Hinge, Forest Moss, Barn Door, Crushed Olive and Broken China (bird).  The background is inked using Weathered Wood.  I just love that color to create the feeling of a chill in the air!

Using Core'dinations Core Essentials in Butterscotch, I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and embossed the edge of the cardstock.  I sanded to reveal the core and give true definition to the embossing.  I tied the ribbon on, then mounted it to a card base.  The colors in the photo are a bit off, because the ribbon is a true compliment to the Weathered Wood distress ink.

 
 
.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.· (¨`v´¨)
                `v´ Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Thank-you for taking the time to write and let us know what you think.