Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Core'dinations Hard Core Crop 2013 -

Continuing on with the challenges.  I decided to try Ellen Sosnoski's Handmade Elements challenge.  Found here.  As the title suggests, her challenge required all participants to create their own handmade element on a project, and of course, use Core'dinations cardstock.  I decided to create a card.

I used Spellbinders ovals to create the frame, and embossed with Swiss Dots.  I shaded the background with Weathered Wood and Tumbled Glass distress ink.  The deer is a stamp from a collection I got last year.  I have misplaced the card, so I can't offer the name of the stamp.  I stamped in Versamark and embossed with silver embossing powder, then fussy cut it and adhered.

The trees are my handmade element for the challenge.  I cut three different sized circles using Spellbinders Standard Circles Small, and Scalloped circles from Core'dinations Distress Collection in Peeled Paint.  I then embossed each circle using a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  I sanded to reveal the core.  I cut each circle in half, then made a cone from each half circle.  Starting with the largest cone, I stacked two smaller cones on top, then flattened them, adhered them closed with mini glue dots.  I then attached them to the card front.

The sentiment is from Hero Arts.


.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.· (¨`v´¨)
                `v´ Darlene



Ellen Sosnoski’s  Handmade Element Card Challenge

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful holiday card! The trees are such a fun use of Core'dinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Christmas card! Love how you used the Core here!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. Thank-you for taking the time to write and let us know what you think.