Thursday, November 7, 2013

Core'dinations Hard Core Crop 2013 -

I recently had occasion to speak with my daughter's art teacher.  During the course of the conversation she said to me "oh, so you're artistic as well" and my reply was that I don't consider myself artistic at all.  I've been reflecting on that now for a few weeks.  The Hard Core crop has given me the opportunity to find the little girl who loved art class and paint and glue and <gasp> glitter!!!!  The adult me avoids the use of glitter almost always.  A Stickles hoarder I am not. 

This is another either or card - either Tami Mayberry or Clare Buswell.  I ultimately decided to enter THIS card on Clare Buswell's challenge - so this one is for Tami Mayberry's challenge.  Found here.

I again started with the Whitewash Collection - this time choosing Barn Siding.  The embossing folder is from Darice.  I sanded down the image to reveal the core.  The sentiment is part of the same Hero Arts set I've been using throughout these challenges.  I thought it was perfect for the image!  I tried stamping in Fired Brick distress ink, but the image wasn't clear, so I grabbed some red embossing powder to define the sentiment.

For the max two embellishments I used Stickles and embossing powder.

The Stickles are not well defined in the photo, but they fill the tops of Santa's shoes.  The "snow" on the chimney is double embossed.  First I spread white embossing powder and added heat, while it was still wet I added translucent embossing powder for shimmer and heated it a second time.


.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.· (¨`v´¨)
                `v´ Darlene


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Thank-you for taking the time to write and let us know what you think.